Owned by a foundation and a percentage of its employees, NIRAS is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy firm with Nordic roots.
Since 1912, we have been designing, implementing, and managing projects and investments that create opportunities for people to improve their lives and live in safe, equal, well-governed, and climate-resilient societies.
in 33 countries
NIRAS has a fixed presence in 33 countries across our network of 59 offices in Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
Building on international experience and management of projects from more than 100 countries, we provide technical expertise and results-oriented project management in our core competence areas. NIRAS delivers tailored, innovative, value-creating, and results-driven solutions to enable our clients and partners – international development organisations, donors, governments, institutional investors, and the private sector – achieve their goals.
International consulting projects/year
delivered in 100+ countries
In fulfilling our purpose of building a more equal, stable and sustainable world, we aim to be a recognised driver of positive change and innovation in sustainable development at local and global levels.
As a values-driven consultancy company powered by a diverse team of committed professionals, we will achieve this by innovating, generating solutions, and sharing knowledge in collaboration with peers, clients and partners.
350 International Development Consulting
43,000+ experts in our network roster
We are structured as a matrix organisation, allowing for continuous learning, sharing and adoption of good practices between different country and market contexts, clients, and technical solutions.
One of our key strengths is collaboration across disciplines and perspectives to ensure we apply an integrated and inclusive approach.
turnover in 2022
All NIRAS offices are closely linked through digital project management tools and knowledge management systems, ensuring that clients and partners have access to the same high quality services.
Flexibility in project management is among our top priorities to ensure that, for each individual assignment, we offer the best-suited team from all sectors.
of annual profits
earmarked for green energy transformation
“Our story is that of the achievements of our clients and how we share, learn from, and build on knowledge generated within the projects we facilitate. We are proud of the contribution NIRAS makes in developing sustainable and innovative solutions, but we always have the ambition to do more. We constantly strive to demonstrate how projects can be scaled up or carried over to other markets and continue to introduce new services, tools and approaches for the benefit of our customers and the communities in which we operate.”
Tor Lundström, Senior Vice President, NIRAS International Consulting
Our Enterpreneurial and Ethical Values
We Are Collaborative:
- We foster cooperation across offices, sectors and competences and often with partners or clients, using a team approach to delivering all our services.
- We share ideas and knowledge freely within and between our projects and teams.
We Take Responsibility:
- We uphold high ethical standards of business practice and are transparent and accountable to our clients, partners, and team-mates.
- We take responsibility for our own development and contribute to the development of others.
- We apply innovative thinking, we learn from our successes and so-called failures, adapting our approach to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We Create Value:
- We are driven to achieve the best we can and to maximise the value we create for our colleagues, partners and clients.
- We take accountability for our own work and use our knowledge to achieve impact and stay relevant .
- We have a growth mindset where we see opportunities, not just challenges.